With the VoxOx Universal Translator™, you can hold a 2-way translated conversation across popular chat and social networks, SMS and email. It requires only one person to have VoxOx® for this to work. The translator spans more than 50 languages, and remembers your language settings for each individual contact, even if you log out. And all translation is free!
How to Start Translation
- Select a VoxOx contact from you contact list (or add a new contact).
- The VoxOx messaging window will pop out. Press the globe icon at the bottom of the messaging window.
- Select the language you’re typing in and the language your friend will be typing in, and press “OK.”
- When the translator is turned on the globe is green. You’ll see text in your language only, but as long as the globe is green it is being translated on the other side.
- To view how your message was translated or the original message in the other person’s language, click on the line of text. The dialogue will expand to show both languages.
- At any time you can change over to translation for SMS or email by simply clicking on the down arrow in the lower right corner of the messaging window.
(Tip: You can have multiple ongoing translated conversations in different languages simultaneously. VoxOx remembers language settings for each individual contact.)
How to End Translation
- To turn off translation, click on the green globe and un-check “Translate All Messages.”
(Tip: VoxOx will continue to translate conversations with any given contact ongoing until you turn off the translator.)
VoxOx Universal Translator works with Social Networking too!
You can translate a 2-way Facebook chat by selecting a Facebook contact and following the steps above.
(Important Tip: translations work best when your chat partner on the Facebook side has their default language set to their native language. For example, if you’re typing in English and translating into Spanish, your Facebook friend should set their language configuration into Spanish on the Facebook side.)
You can translate Twitter @ replies by selecting a Twitter contact and go through the steps above.
Visit our Knowledge Base for additional help on how to use VoxOx features.
Rules and Restrictions:
† SMS functionality only works for users in supported countries who have activated their free VoxOx phone number.
† † VoxOx texting rates apply (a penny for U.S. and Canada, two cents everywhere else).
† † † When translating across networks or SMS, language character sets must also be supported by other party’s service provider.