Who we are
We are a rapidly growing, seven year old San Diego-based Telecommunications company with 70 employees in our Sorrento Valley office. We provide a number of Communication related services from mobile and desktop apps, to Voice over IP Business services. Our software enables voice, video, SMS, and other communication methods to coexist under a simple unified application.
We are mostly “techy” type employees with a strong population of dedicated hard-hitting RockStars. We stick with a problem until it’s solved, and we stay with the customer until they’re satisfied. We’re dedicated to doing whatever it takes to deliver superior quality products. We work hard, but we play hard, too. We have ping pong, pool table, X-box, and game zone games in our Common / Lunch Area – which is used by the staff on a daily basis! We also have access to an onsite gym (small, but functional). We have monthly pot-lucks, random pizza parties, and a few catered events annually. We have bagels on Mondays, donuts on Wednesdays, and Fruit on Fridays – and unlimited Starbucks coffee from our own Starbucks machine. We’re financially sound and offer good medical, dental, and vision insurance. Come on – what are you waiting for? Send in your resume and if we think it’s a match, we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
SCRUM MASTER | Engineering
We are a communications company looking for an experienced Scrum Master to help us create and maintain killer apps with features that’ll change the way people communicate. You’ll be helping to roll out the latest and greatest in technology to keep the world connected and happy.
Things we look for in you:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use logic to rationalize workflow efficiency
- Natural curiosity with a passion for learning
- Ability to multi-task
- Successful team member, with gift to self-motivate and self-regulate
- A passion for new consumer technology and the emerging media landscape
- Excellent time management skills
- Exemplary scoping and estimation skills
- Excellent testing/ QA skills
- Superb communication skills (verbal and written)
What you can expect:
- Fast paced, high demand environment
- A culture that embraces continuous improvement, promotes creative thinking, and empowers those that take action in the interest of the customer and the company
- A team that strives to provide end-users with product experience that has a positive impact on their day
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other dutes may be assigned.
- Deliver throughout app life cycle –concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and maintain / support it after release.
- Responsible for ensuring on-time delivery of high quality projects using Agile frameworks.
- Provide coaching to the organization, ensuring adherence to established Scrum practices.
- You will be responsible for numerous tasks covering the product development lifecycle for multiple scrum teams. You will need to support the dev department with various communications, status reporting, coordination, meeting facilitation and management, leading workshop sessions and creating documentation.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty suitably. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
- Must be able to perform each essential duty suitably.
- Work under the supervision of a Scrum Master Coach (Director of Software Development)
- Act as Scrum master for multiple scrum teams with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work.
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives, sprint/release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings
- Ensure the development teams are practicing core agile principles
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition
- Determine and remove all obstacles that may interfere with the ability of the teams’ to deliver assigned goals
- Promote continuous improvement and help teams to increase productivity
- Promote a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and innovation
- Assist in defining and deploying new product development processes and in facilitating the continuous improvement of existing processes
- Play a critical leadership role in the collaboration between the Product Owner and the Development Team.
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing
- Coach and mentor other scrum masters in our product team. Ensure that our ways of working are consistent across the teams.
- Guide principles into process
- Be an evangelist but not do process for process sake
- Be able to change directions and work with many personalities
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience as a Scrum Master
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Thorough understanding of enterprise software development processes and lifecycle
- Telecom Experience
- Prior experience with communication apps
- Development experience, particularly with PHP, Android or IOS
No competency or factor selected.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Well, if you think this is the job for you, drop us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter describing why you think this job is a great fit for you. If things look dreamy we’ll get back to you just as soon as we can!