Come Work with Cutting-edge Technology!
The Software Engineer is an experienced professional who participates in leading, creating, and extending VOXOX products. This person is a solid developer who can apply industry and corporate best practices to produce quality applications. This person applies their practical and theoretical knowledge from Computer Science and previous experience in Telecom or a related industry. This person works as part of a team to design and develop new products as well as maintain VOXOX’s current portfolio.
- Work as part of a team to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Provide technical leadership for the design, and implementation of VOXOX software solutions
- Build best-in-class, web and mobile-based applications that are reliable and scalable.
- Lead discussions and estimations required for product release planning
- Collaborate with software quality engineers in all phases of testing
- Collaborate with cross-functional team on documentation and training
- Conduct code reviews for fellow team members, as required
- Create unit tests to help ensure code quality throughout the application’s life cycle
- Understand how VOXOX solutions meet our customers' needs and how the suite of products is used across the continuum of care
- Grows and mentors other engineers
- Assist with project estimation, planning, progress, and bug tracking.
- Create task breakdown based on supplied user stories and review design specifications.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Expertise in Object-Oriented analysis, design, and programming
- Expertise in using design and refactoring patterns
- Proficient in LAMP stack technologies like MySQL, PHP, or Python
- Experience in building web services – REST, would be preferred
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
- Experience working in serverless architecture (AWS Lambda) or container-based architecture (Docker) is a must.
- Good understanding of cybersecurity principles
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in Agile/Scrum software development lifecycle management
- Proficient in distributed source code control like Git
- Understanding of Internationalization / Localization
If you think this is the job for you, drop us an email with your resume and a cover letter describing why you think this job is a great fit for you. If things look like a fit we'll get back to you just as soon as we can!Apply Now